RS-2 Handheld Valve Exerciser
Wachs Utility Products RS-2 handheld valve exerciser is the perfect tool for operating or exercising handwheel and rising stem valves. Utilizing a large, open 4in (102mm) hub design, it’s designed to accommodate most varieties of rising stems through the hub opening. The RS-2 offers up to 800 ft/lbs of torque depending on drive type, with a maximum of 55 rpm for fast, reliable opening and closing of water, wastewater and natural gas valves in the field.
The RS-2 handheld valve exerciser, like our P-2 handheld, is designed with operator health in mind, helping to prevent arm and back injuries associated with manually turning large, stubborn or frozen valves. Portable for everyday use, the RS-2 is available in your choice of electric, hydraulic or pneumatic drive. It’s extremely solid build quality means years of trouble free, reliable operation.
Wachs RS-2 offers a range of adapters and accessories to suit most applications, including PIV (Post Indicator Valves). There’s a 1in (25.4 mm) square drive adapter and telescoping valve keys, which used in conjunction can replicate the function of the P-2. Dedicated handwheel adapters that remain on the handwheel are optional, as is a universal handwheel adapter to fit most common handwheel types. All Wachs handheld exercisers come complete with a sturdy, steel storage case with carry handles.
• Available in hydraulic, pneumatic or electric drive
• Operates all rising & non-rising stem valves from 6-60in (152.4-1524mm)
• 4in (106.1mm) hub opening for operating rising stem valves
• Mount to any handwheel with Universal Handwheel Adapter
• Forward and reverse operation. Variable speed control
• Built in easy view LCD counter
• 55 rpm high-speed operation for valves requiring several hundred turns
• 800 lb-ft torque for difficult valves