The Wachs Pow-R-Drive 2 ("Power-Drive 2") or P-2 is a handheld valve turner/valve exerciser engineered for maintaining and operating critical valves. This portable and rugged workhorse is designed for daily use. Water utilities, municipal water services, and fire departments use the P-2 on valves and hydrants with standard operator nuts and non-rising-stem handwheels (with an optional adapter).
Why Pow-R-Drive 2?
- Easy to set up and operate, using a Pow-R-Drive is more productive than turning valves by hand with t-handles.
- The P-2 can prevent common injuries caused by hand-turning valves with a valve key wrench.
- The Pow-R-Drive 2 works hard, so the valve crew won't be worn out from opening and closing valves all day.
- It provides enough torque for stubborn valves, and your operator will be less likely to shear off a valve nut.
- They're ideal for hard-to-reach valves.
- Using a Pow-R-Drive 2 can save money and prevent damage in fast shut-off situations.
- The P-2 is compact and rugged, fitting in a truck box or behind the seat.
- Intuitive fingertip controls
- The built-in turn counter helps keep track of the valve position and direction.
- Standard with a 1-inch square drive adapter fits valve keys for various operating nut styles. (e.g., AWWA 2-inch operating nut)
- 500 to 800 ft/lbs of torque, depending on the model
- Available with air, hydraulic, or electric drive
- Add a handle extension for more torque or 2-person operation for stubborn valves.
Pick your model
Wachs P-2 is offered in high torque (HT) or high speed (HS) versions.
VITALS (Valve Information Tracking And Logging System) is the industry-standard software for turning valves. Select Power Drive 2 models with built-in VITALS software log valve data and provide added push-button torque control.
Need to turn valve handwheels?
Add a Universal Handwheel Adapter to allow the P-2 to operate non-rising-stem handwheels.